Subject: RE: [regrep] "Registering Web Services in an ebXML Registry" TN - Definition of "Web Service" Still Good For Us?

Joe:
I find it correct, of course, but a little bit redundant :P
here we can find a lot of definition of WS that could help.
http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&oi=defmore&q=define:web+services

regards,
ivan

De : Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Envoyé : mardi 5 avril 2005 03:46
À : regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

I'm in the process of updating our March 2003 "Registering Web Services in an ebXML Registry" Technical Note for our V3.0 enhancements. Early on in the current version we have a definition of "Web Service" taken from the W3C Web Services Architecture, and I wonder if we still like it.

I know it does not mention CAM, but hey - we can't have everything, right?

Here is the current definition:

A Web service is “a software system identified by a URI whose public interfaces and bindings are defined and described using XML. Its definition can be discovered by other software systems. These systems may then interact with the Web service in a manner described by its definition, using XML based messages conveyed by Internet protocols.” [WSA].

Comments?

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Chiusano