Subject: Re: [regrep] Hibernate and ebXML Registry / OMAR?

Farrukh Najmi wrote:
> David Webber (XML) wrote:
>
>> I just skimmed thru this:
>>
>> http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/27896
>>
>> and had a strong sense of "been there, done that" in
>> terms of storing extrinsic objects - and particularly
>> XML ones into the SQL store underneath registry.
>>
>> Is there a win-win scenario for us here beckoning
>> where we could adopt the Hibernate approach/syntax for
>> ebXML registry?
>>
>> Are there any issues procedurally if we did establish that dependency?
>>
>> I'm just brainstorming here - not saying this is something
>> we should do - but potentially this could be a benefit to
>> developers creating ebXML registry solutions...
>>

> Hibernate is an open source implementation of a Java / XML Persistence
> library.
> As such it may be of interest to those implementing ebXML Registry.
> However,
> I do not see what relevance it would have on our specs. Thanks.

David

I agree with Farrukh here. personally I'm a Hibernate user and big fan
of it, HQL (Hibernate Query Language) is a lot more friendly than pure
SQL. Altough, Hibernate is only a Java library and its HQL not any
standard (yet?).. as much as it would be cool to send HQL queries my to
registry implementation, that is still too specific for the spec layer.

Regards,
Diego

--
Diego Ballve