Subject: RE: [regrep] ebXML Registry: Profile Development Guide -somesuggestions

 Is this intended to be a TC document?

If so, then I don't know that it should be talking about the freebXML
project. Why should it received favored status in a TC document vs. any of
the other implementations?

Pk

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 10:14 AM
To: BEDINI Ivan RD-BIZZ-CAE
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry: Profile Development Guide -
somesuggestions

BEDINI Ivan RD-BIZZ-CAE wrote:

>Le vendredi 29 avril 2005 à 12:26 -0400, Farrukh Najmi a écrit :
>

>>Here are some suggested things the newly purposed guide could contain
>>in addition to the current content.
>>The format is section label with sub-sections and content suggestion
>>in parenthesis. Please share thoughts and suggestions.
>>
>>    * Profile Development Process
>>          o Define Draft Profile specification within vertical specific
>>            committee or individually
>>          o Prototype profile implementation (Standing offer from
>>            freebXML Registry project to host profile implementation in
>>            freebXML Registry project. What this would look like is that
>>            freebXML Registry project would provide infrastructure and
>>            expertise and will enable freebXML Registry instances to
>>            readily load the profile on demand out of the box)
>>

>(great!)
>

>>          o Submit Profile to ebXML Registry TC
>>          o Approval of profile by ebXML Registry TC (and optionally the
>>            vertical specific committee)
>>          o Publishing of profile by ebXML Registry TC (and optionally
>>            the vertical specific committee)
>>    * Profile Packaging
>>          o (All profile artifacts member of a Profile specific
>>            RegistryPackage)
>>          o (Profile specific RegistryPackage has a canonical Slot with

name=urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:rim:RegistryPackage:profilePackage
>>            and value="true")
>>

>:-?

ABove describes how to put all artifacts belonging to profile in a
RegistryPackage that is marked as being a special kind of package that is a
package containing a profile. The slot gives the RegistryPackage instance a
boolean attribute call "profilePackage".

>>    * Profile Submission
>>          o (Include spec, optional support documents such as a
>>            tutorial, and zip file with profile artifacts in RIM
>>            SubmitObjectsRequest format similar to ebXML Registry 3.0
>>            spec dist)
>>

>sorry I'm not sure to have understand, Submission what and where ?!?

Submit the definition of the profile (the spec, the artifacts etc) to ebXML
Registry TC for review and approval.
The content of the submission is similar to the core spec submission.