Subject: Re: [ebsoa] events and agents as defined in an ebSOA

Goran :

Please share with us whatever info you have on the Collaborative Process
Information Document (CPID).

I am copying the BCM & ebXMLRegistry folks since much of what you stated
has been positively discussed in the TC meetings.

carl

<quote who="Goran Zugic">
> [...]
> standard registry like the OASIS ebXML Registry or OASIS UDDI Registry and
> used to take care of both context and content related to any business
> process. This is supported by a single open standard-based XML document we
> call the Collaborative Process Information Document (CPID) that can be
> generated from a business process definition in a visual modeling tool.
> Submitting the content of this document to a standard registry will
> generate
> the entire collaboration process information model that together with
> FERA-based  ebSOA collaboration semantics already implemented via
> FERA-based
> ebSOA managers (remember all FERA-based managers in ebSOA architecture -
> Federation Manager, Agent Interface Manager, Event Manager, Activity
> Manager, etc.) enables full open standard-based support for the enterprise
> business collaboration processes of any complexity.
>
> Another important aspect of our proposed solution is standard convergence.
> We very much believe that standard convergence is the future and in our
> architectural solution we reference the best "standard brands" available
> today. It does not matter which standard body they are coming from. What
> matters is the standard's value in the ebSOA functional offerings. For
> example, these are some of the standard components we reference in the
> FERA-based ebSOA: OASIS ebXML BP, OASIS WSBPEL, OASIS UBL, OASIS ebXML
> Registry, OASIS UDDI, W3C SOAP, OASIS ebXML Messaging, WS-Security, OASIS
> XACML, OASIS SAML, WS-Reliability and others.
>
> We also want to mention that two important components of the FERA-based
> ebSOA architecture, Agent Framework and Business Rules, are not supported
> by
> any standard today. OMG has two pending Requests For Proposals related to
> business rules: Business Semantics of Business Rules and Production Rule
> Representation. Our definition of a standard is a specification produced
> and
> approved in a large recognizable standard body like OASIS, W3C, OMG, IEEE,
> etc.. Some specification components are coming from groups and programs
> like
> Java Community Process (JCP). While some of them achieved great success
> over
> last few years, we believe that ebSOA specification should reference
> standard components first. However, when the standard is not provided we
> recommend using other groups' specifications, but on the implementation
> level only. We believe that if some industry groups have valued
> specification offerings they should be encouraged to submit their spec
> proposals to standard bodies and speed up the process of developing very
> much needed standards that we do not have today.
>
> I hope that this clarifies key aspects related to our FERA-based ebSOA
> proposal and our vision about enterprise SOA.

>>> language
>>> neutral.
>>>
>>> That is the whole point behind the BCM linking and switching - its
>>> based
>> on
>>> classical
>>> declarative logic processing - and can be expressed as XML structures -
>> that
>>> can
>>> then be read and processed by any agent engine.
>>>
>>> There are literally 100 different agent engines out there - all with
>>> their
>>> own
>>> proprietary syntan and API - (even if they are written in Java - or
>>> maybe
>>> especially
>>> if they are written in Java!).
>>>
>>> What the world does not have is a common method of integrating *all*
>> these.
>>> That I believe is where traditionally OASIS can look to make a
>>> significant
>>> contribution...
>>>
>>> DW

Carl Mattocks
co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums