Subject: RE: Next steps and publicity for ebXML Registry v3.0 Standards!

Thanks Carol,
Here is a listing of enhancements and new functionality:

1. Registry federation and federated queries, which enable clients to
discover information stored in any of multiple federated registries
through one search.

2. Utilizes the OASIS SAML 2.0 specifications for identity management,
authentication and single sign on across the members to meet the needs
for security in a federated environment

3. The OASIS XACML 1.0 standard is leveraged to provide access control
policies and OASIS WSS SOAP Message Security 1.0 is used to secure the
registry's SOAP protocol using digital certificates.

4. Extensible service interfaces and protocols are defined as plugins to
an ebXML Registry that provide content cataloging services and content
validation services.

5. Provides managed version control through the registry.

6. A new HTTP binding to the ebXML Registry Services interfaces is
defined using a REST style architecture. This enables any content or
meta data in the registry to be accessible over an HTTP URL using a
standard web browser.

7. A Parameterized Stored Query feature allows a complex query to be
stored in the registry in parameterized form. To invoke the query, the
client provides some or all of the query parameters, usually using a web
form to fill in the parameters and submit the query.

8. Other query improvements include iterative queries, content based
queries, and improved filter query syntax.

9. Subscriptions may be created by the user for content-based event
notification of specific events of interest. Notification is sent to a
web service or an email address.

10. Additional new features include extensibility of registry protocol
for defining new types of requests and responses, incorporation of user
defined domain specific taxonomies, and the ability to group related
content artifacts in packages

Contacts for implementation endorsements are:

Farrukh Najmi - Sun Microsystems
Carl Mattocks - CheckMi

We may also have some additional contacts for user stories and
endorsements.  I will send as soon as we receive additional names.

Thanks for your help!

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services