Subject: RE: [regrep] FW: [announce] Registration opens for XML 2005; Respected XML Forum Delivers Practical Information That Attendees Can Put to Immediate Use within Their Organizations

Title: Message
Thanks Kathryn. Did we submit? If so, were we accepted? Though I am a reviewer for the conference, I would not necessarily know the answers to these questions as I wouldn't normally be assigned to review an abstract from a TC in which I am a member.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
O: 703-902-6923
C: 202-251-0731

From: Breininger, Kathryn R [mailto:kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:30 PM
To: ebXML Regrep

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services

From: Elledge, Marion [mailto:MElledge@idealliance.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:05 AM
To: 'announce@lists.oasis-open.org'

ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 21, 2005--Registration is now open for XML 2005, the largest independent conference for XML technologies and applications. XML 2005 is the latest in IDEAlliance's series of conferences devoted to the Extensible Markup Language, a worldwide standard that enables data compatibility across different computing systems. It will be held November 14-18 in Atlanta, Ga., USA.

Experts, IT professionals and novices from around the world attend the XML Conferences to explore the latest technologies, applications and services that produce higher-quality data, increase production speed, and save money. This year's event will feature nearly two-dozen tutorials, approximately 125 presentation and discussion sessions, interoperability demonstrations, and an exhibition of products and services from leading vendors.

Scheduled keynote speakers for the five-day program are David Campbell, Microsoft SQL Server general manager for data engine and access technologies; Steven G. Harris, vice president of Oracle's Java Platform Group; Jim Hendler, University of Maryland professor and director of semantic web and agent technology at the Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Laboratory; David Megginson, principal of Megginson Technologies, a leading XML consultancy; and Robert Picciano, vice president of data management for IBM Corporation.

The source for everything XML

XML 2005 has something for anyone interested or involved in XML, from introductory tutorials to case studies to technical and theoretical sessions. Select presentations are geared to distinct application areas, such as government, military, financial services, publishing, legal and pharmaceutical.

"XML has gone through the hype phase to be an accepted and expected part of today's technology infrastructure," says Lauren Wood, senior technical program manager at Sun Microsystems, Inc. and XML 2005 Conference chair. "XML 2005 brings together experts, fellow professionals, and product vendors to give attendees the resources they need to transform data management within their organizations."

Elaine Keagle, technical lead of the web services team for a county school system in the U.S., is a prime example of someone who put her XML Conference experience to immediate use.

"My team used what I learned at the XML Conference to provide an entirely new plan of production for both the print and online versions of our course bulletin," she says. "The project has been a success in every aspect. It has cut down on production time, reduced errors, and allowed for multiple outputs from a single source. We marvel that in a span of a year we were able to complete such a successful project using technologies new to us."

For more information and to register for XML 2005, visit www.xmlconference.org/.

About IDEAlliance

IDEAlliance (International Digital Enterprise Alliance) is a not-for-profit membership organization. Its mission is to advance user-driven, cross-industry solutions for all publishing and content-related processes by developing standards, fostering business alliances, and identifying best practices. Founded in 1966 as the Graphic Communications Association, IDEAlliance has been a leader in information technology - developing Document Markup Metalanguage (GENCODE), sponsoring the Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML), and fostering eXtensible Markup Language (XML). IDEAlliance builds on these languages to create specifications that enhance efficiency and speed information in all aspects of publishing and content-related processes. Learn more about IDEAlliance at www.idealliance.org.

Marion L. Elledge

VP, Information Technologies Programs

IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org

Watch for upcoming events: