Subject: OASIS Standard Ballot for XML catalogs

Dear regrep colleagues,

The OASIS XML Catalogs spec is being voted for OASIS standardization.
I have used Norm Walsh's implementation of this spec in freebXML
Registry project
to allow developers to resolved imports between our various xsd file
(rim.xsd, rs.xsd...)
without requiring internet access to OASIS web site. This was
particularly helpful
when our xsd documents were not yet at the location at OASIS web sites
that were
indicated in the import statements within our xsd files.

Based on this personal experience I am happy to say that this spec is
simple, elegant
and addresses an important problem that our TC members (and many others)
have faced during
and outside spec/schema development process.

Please consider showing your support by asking your company's OASIS
Voting member
to approve this specification. Thank you for your support.

I should also mention that Lauren (Catalogs TC chair) personally did
much to educate others about ebXML Registry 3.0
when our specs were on the OASIS approval ballot. Thank you Lauren.

Here is a message from Lauren with relevant links:

On 09/18/2005 10:51 AM, Lauren Wood wrote:
 > The "XML catalogs for OASIS Standard" ballot is ready to be voted on;
see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=841. The TC
created a blurb to explain why XML catalogs are > important and it's at

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/entity-resolution/200508/msg00036.html
 > with my take at

http://www.laurenwood.org/anyway/archives/2005/09/16/bring-out-your-votes/

begin:vcard