Subject: Re: [regrep] [Joe's Comments, Part 4 of 4 - Web Services Profile] RE:[regrep] RE: ACTION ITEM

Thank you Joe for another round of thorough comments on the document.

The next version will address these and all other comments received. Thanks.

Question/comments to selected feedback inline below...

Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>Line 1159: Would it be clearer to use “yes” or “no”, rather than “1” or “0”? Same comment applies to other such cases.

Recall some time back in our SQL Schema binding we chose to use "1" and
"0" instead of "true" or "false" mainly due to inconsistent
support for boolean types in relational databases. The queries are a
mpping to relational schema and therefor using “1” or “0”.
>Line 1164, “that are used by the objects being discovered”: We introduce the cited text on this line, and use it often afterward. Why can’t we say “of wsdl:portType” instances (and similarly for the subsequent cases)? Isn’t it understood that the objects being discovered are WSDL documents? Or am I misunderstanding what the cited text means?

No. Actually object being discovered may be an entire WSDL document or
it can be a WSDL Server, port, binding or portType.
Maybe we should replace:

“that are used by the objects being discovered”

With:

“that are used by the WSDL objects being discovered”

>Line 1181, example: We state that the example will include SOAP over HTTP, but there is no “$binding.transportType” parameter included. Should we add one, with Value of “HTTP”? Same applies to later examples.

Good catch. Thanks.
>Line 1261, example: Add $port.accessURI to the description above the example.

Good catch. Thanks.

>General: I didn’t see a reference to the first version of this document (when it was a Technical Note), in March 2003. Should we add one? Perhaps we can state at the front the that version has been superceded.

+1 we should make the connection and relationship clear. Will do. Thanks
very much for your valuable contribution Joe.

begin:vcard
fn:Farrukh Najmi
n:Najmi;Farrukh
email;internet:farrukh.najmi@sun.com