Subject: RE: [regrep] RE : [regrep] Canonical XML Validation Service?

Please see comments below, marked with [JMC].

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW
Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
O: 202-508-6514
C: 202-251-0731

[JMC] I think we can do more than recommend it, as I see means of validation as generally similar to the validations that we have placed in our XML schemas (with the obvious differences between the mechanisms).

> 2. seeing the CCTS profile we have several use cases where
> validation control service have to verify also that submitted
> data are consistents (ex: the name of the association
> component must be a composition of the two associated
> aggregate component; a basic component with qualifier
> attribute not null must be linked by an aggregate
> component;...) Do you think that schematron, or other, can
> fill this feature?

[JMC] There may be cases in which validations may need to be made on submitted CCs/BIEs that require a query of registry contents, so Schematron would not suffice for these cases. For example, in the "name of the association component" example above, the ABIEs that are being associated may not be submitted as the same time as the ASBIE - rather, registered ASBIEs may be associated to create an ASBIE. In this case, a mechanism would be needed that validates the submission based on what is in the submission, as well as registry contents.

Joe