Subject: RE: [chairs] Wikis

 Hi Jamie, Mary and Scott,
The ebXML Registry TC is interested in using the Wiki capability you
have put into place for our use.  Please let me know what we need to do
to get this set up and begin using this tool.

Thanks!

Kathryn Breininger
OASIS ebXML Registry TC Chair

Boeing Library Services

From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:31 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [chairs] Wikis

     A number of OASIS TCs have asked for Wiki capability.  Wikis have
proven to be a useful "scratch space'" tool in communities like ours.
The most stable, capable commonly-used Wiki engine that our tech staff
have identified is MoinMoin, which several OASIS-related communities
use.  We plan to make Wiki pages available to any TC that requests it,.
Our tech staff has installed a Wiki server and is running a beta test
with the XRI and XDI TCs.

      Expected ground rules:  (a) global public readable, (b) write
access to TC members,  (c) the IPR Policy applies, and (d) archiving of
intermediate drafts is intermittent (as with all Wikis), so any
permanent artifacts should be moved to the regular TC document
repository.

     As the beta testing TCs do their work, you may find it interesting
to  watch.  See:  http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri
     and http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi
     For more on the MoinMoin engine specifically
see:  http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FrontPage
     For more on WIkis generally, here's one of many possible resources:
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WhyWikiWorks

      Any other TCs that are interested in being part of the beta test,
particularly those with robust activity and a strong likelihood to use
the resource, should let us know.  (Directly, please, not by cc to this
broad
list.)  Our plan is to be done with the testing phase, and integrate a
Wiki link into the TC page menus, by late July.

      This new, optional facility is only one of several significant
improvements we're planning to OASIS document handling capabilities in
the next few months.  Among other things, with the assistance of our
Technical Advisory Board, we shortly will be posting a revised plan for
naming and location of all TC work product.  We expect that this will
make uploading, and finding, our work much easier.

     Regards JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org