Subject: RE: [regrep] Pre-Holiday Registry Riddle (Requesting Quick Feedback)

I like "information registry" as well (sorry Farrukh). So it could be a data registry, a metadata registry (but not in the same sense as 11179 is), or information registry.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
O: 202-508-6514
C: 202-251-0731

From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:16 PM
To: Chiusano Joseph
Cc: Miko Matsumura; ebXML Regrep

Chiusano Joseph wrote:
Happy New Year,

Thanks Miko and all others who replied. The con"sense"us that I see
(sense) so far is that given the choice of a "data registry" or a
"metadata" registry (with the caveats expressed in my original e-mail
below), an ebXML Registry may be considered either a data registry *or*
a metadata registry, depending on one's perspective regarding the
contents. That is, one person's metadata may be another person's data.

Perhaps it is best to simply call it an "ebXML" registry, and let the
specs and implementations speak for themselves.

Thinking also of 11179: However, I believe that there is no ambiguity
involved with calling 11179 a *metadata* registry (vs. data) standard.
That one is cut and dried.

Please let me know if anyone disagrees with any of this.

No one else like "Information registry"? Oh well, I tried :-)

Happy new year dear colleagues.
Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate