Subject: RE: [regrep] FW: [ebxml-jc] GS1

Cheers, All,
Sorry I missed the call, (if I was supposed to be there0  I'm having an issue trying to get established. I think anytime you can show compatibility its a good thing.  Furthermore I think Reg-Rep could be very prominent here.  There are also some factors in the GS1 world that make some collaboration more likely.  I would think we seize the opportunity.

From the UNSPSC perspective it is a no brainer :-)

Regards

The next call is ?

________________________________

From: Breininger, Kathryn R [mailto:kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com]
Sent: Mon 2/13/2006 4:14 PM
To: ebXML Regrep
Subject: [regrep] FW: [ebxml-jc] GS1

comments?

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services
425-965-0182 phone

________________________________

From: Pim van der Eijk [mailto:pvde@sonnenglanz.net]
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:26 AM
To: ebxml-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-jc] GS1

I mentioned this on today's call as a topic we could discuss at or next meeting.
Monica asked me to send an email as a reminder on this.

OASIS is talking to GS1 (formerly EAN International, represented in North America by UCC) on areas for cooperation.
One of the potential activities I would like to have your opinion about would be a joint interoperability demonstration showcasing some OASIS specifications or standards in conjunction with GS1 standards.  Such a demonstration could involve multiple parts of the ebXML suite.

This is just an initial informal email to see if there is a potential interest among our ebXML members; whether or not this idea will be pursued has not been decided on by OASIS nor by GS1. If there is sufficient initial interest, I will ask my new colleague, Dr. Carol Cosgrove-Sacks (formerly Director of Trade at UN/ECE, host of UN/CEFACT) to mention this as an idea when she meets the GS1 directors.