Subject: RE : [regrep] Groups - Deployment Profile Template for ebXML Registry 3.0 (ebRR-3.0-DeploymentProfileTemplate-wd-024.pdf) uploaded

Hi Bill,
Really interesting question.

IMO One of the aims of the OASIS profile template is to provide a consistency between world wide experiences and share them in a common format as much as possible.
This template, if accepted and approved (as I hope), will become the official regrep template for profiles and every submitted profile to the TC is sensed to become an official document for this TC, I guess.

The best would be that as much as possible world wide experience of interest about registry implementations is shared with the regrep community in order to provide as much as possible interoperble registry applications and examples on how the registry can be implemented.

I understand what you mean because we have the same *problem* with the UN/CEFACT Registry Implementation specifications, where a great part of the profile is already integrated within the document. Currently I plan to extract all that parts that could be of interest for the TC and build a new document compliant to the profile template. This because from my point of view focusing a profile just on what users looking for when they come in the regrep TC could be more constructive. But every use case is different and I don't know very well the your.

In any case I could suggest to submit your registry profile to the TC and of course I'll be pleased to receive any comments and suggestions from you about the proposed template.

Regards,
Ivan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Bill Majurski [mailto:bill@nist.gov]
Envoyé : jeudi 23 février 2006 14:10
À : BEDINI Ivan RD-BIZZ-CAE
Cc : regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

How does/should this template apply when the profile is being written
within another community where there already exist documentation
standards and styles?  Having worked on the XDS profile within IHE
(ihe.net) for registry use in healthcare, we already have a fixed
format that community is familiar with. My first impression is that in
this case the IHE format/style would be used since the work is being
conducted within an established community.

your thoughts?,
bill Majurski