Subject: Re: [regrep] FW: [ebxml-jc] ebXML JC Overview For Critical Assessment:JC challenge!

Haas, Ted wrote:
Cheers David,
Exactly   It is logical and will be quite helpful.  I am getting good response from the data Dictionary folks I have been talking to as well.  I think in time a few will come across to EBXML as well (if we do our thing well) :-)

Hi Ted,

This looks like a very good start. Thanks for this valuable contribution as a first step to closer collaboration between UNSPSC and ebXML Registry TC.

Minor Suggestions:

  • Chanhe all occurances of "EBXML" with "ebXML"
  • Change:
    "EBXML RegRep to provide an open source repository function that utilizes the UNSPSC"
    With:
    "ebXML RegRep to provide an open, standards-based registry and repository function for managing and utilizing UNSPSC defined taxonomies"
    Reason: Open source is great but we do not wish to preclude the use of ebXML Registry products for the UNSPSC use case. Lets leave that as a deployment specific choice.
  • Change:
    "The collaboration between EBXML RegRep and The UNSPSC will provide those who wish an open standard XML registry repository to build one using the UNSPSC as its categorization schema"
    With:
    "The collaboration between ebXML RegRep and the UNSPSC will provide a solution to those who wish to use UNSPSC taxonomies in conjunction with an open standard XML registry repository. Such a solution would allow artifacts within the registry repository to be categorized using UNSPSC and also allow access to UNSPSC taxonomies outside the registry repository."
As for a prototype to develop Java code for importing UNSPSC in an ebXML RegRep, if you can find a good Java programmer then I can promise to be available to consult as needed. This would be helpful in leveraging the existing Java code we have in this area.

Thanks again for creating this web page in our wiki to kick things off.

Thanks also to David for getting the word out in his blog at:

    http://ebxmlforum.blogspot.com/2006/01/ebxml-registry-wiki-collaboration-site.html

begin:vcard
fn:Farrukh Najmi
n:Najmi;Farrukh