Subject: RE: [regrep] We had more business to conduct this morning!

More administration, from the voting rules
(<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.13>):
"Electronic Voting: TCs may conduct electronic ballots, either by using
the TC's general mail list or the publicly archived electronic voting
functionality provided by OASIS. The minimum period allowed for
electronic voting shall be seven calendar days; the TC may specify a
longer voting period for a particular electronic ballot. Any
Specification Ballot conducted as an electronic ballot must permit each
voter to choose "yes", "no" or "abstain."

A motion to open an electronic ballot must be made in a TC meeting
unless the TC has adopted a standing rule to allow this motion to be
made on the TC's general email list. When such a rule has been adopted,
motions made on the mail list must also be seconded and discussed on
that list."
So, even if we conduct the vote via e-mail, the minimum period allowed
is 7 calendar days.

We still need the electronic motion, second and discussion....  Then I
can send out electronic ballots, or use Kavi ballots (either one has to
be set for 7 calendar days).

Sorry this is a bit confusing and detailed. These things were put into
place to help us make the best specs and have a totally open process.

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services