Subject: [Proposal] Affiliation of regrep TC with new egov Member Section

The following excerpt from attached rules regarding new egov Member
Section is significant to our TC:

" OASIS Technical Committees may seek to affiliate with the Member
Section as provided in the OASIS Member Section Policy."

Given that government is the most prominent sector for adoption of
regrep TC specifications, I propose that we seek to affiliate with the
new egov member section. Kathryn, could we please add this as a
discussion item for our next TC meeting? Thanks for your consideration
of this proposal.

--- Begin Message ---
   Attached for review and further discussion by our interested
member stakeholders is a first draft of the 'rules of procedure'
(charter document) for a possible OASIS e-Government member section.
  Sections operate under our member section policy rules [1], and
can serve as a potential interest group and focal point for
discussions about current and future standardization needs &
implementation.
   Your feedback is most welcome.  This is the draft noted in the
prior messages to this list regarding our upcoming discussion in San
Diego (see below) regarding future e-Government activity.

   Regards, JBC

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ms_policy.php

>   OASIS is working on the scope for the next phase of our
> activities to support electronic government.  This work includes
> an informal live discussion and draft proposals at our Symposium
> this coming week (described below).  We look forward to your
> feedback and participation.* * * One potential way to facilitate
> future conversations in this practice community is the formation
> of an OASIS member section:  A draft charter/scope document is
> being sent to this list as a separate message, for your feedback
> and further discussion. * * *
>   A group of our active e-Gov stakeholders will meet at our OASIS
> Symposium in San Diego, beginning this Wednesday (18 April) at
> 2:00 pm local time, to discuss requirements and organizational
> alternatives.[1]  Pim (van der Eijk) and I will join the
> encouragingly large group already signed up for this live
> discussion.  We will be happy to post a summary * * * to all
> those who advise us, after the TC's list is closed, that they wish
> to join or remain advised of our future plans.
>   As always, thank you for your interest in and support of
> open standards. * * *

eGovMSRules-Draft20070413.doc

eGovMSRules-Draft20070413.odt

--- End Message ---