Subject: RE: [regrep] Should IBM being working with us on this?

Farrukh,

Errrr.  I think this is likely to drive folks away not bring them in here!?

  : -(

Remember - what your kids told you - "Dad - you may not always be right, but you are never wrong...."

So folks don't need reminded of that.  Frankly I could agree with IBM on this one - its NOT about the spec'.

Always put yourself in your customers shoes - and ask - why are they not using my product already?

Here are some inklings of what IBM wants:

1) Highly extensible GUI with support for AJAX et al
   - ok - this is work in progress for us with REST and
   - "Any way, 2 minutes with Eclipse and the JBoss-IDE and I have auto-genenerated EJB3 (JPA) entity and SLSB facades from the existing omar 3 database schema.  How cool is that!"

2) Easy deployment model
   - so you are re-writing OMAR to get there...
   - current installation and setup is a bear - definately not SME friendly

3) Built-in WSDL plug-n-play
    - OK you have to buy the Sun release for that - not something IBM wants to hear...

4) Simplier classification and management UI
    - this is really linked to 1) - so content management is much more intuitive - something like the TortoiseCVS interface on the client side would be scary good...

5) Linkage to Eclipse IDE so it aligns with the mainstream core toolset

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)