Subject: Re: [regrep] Title suggestion for Webinar

David RR Webber (XML) wrote:
> Farrukh,
> On review this morning seems like we have a Gartner magic quadrant in
> the making here around this term "system of record" solutions - no
> point in knocking on whether this is a good term or not - if Gartner
> et al have spoken then I guess we have to embrace and extend!

This is good news. Can you please send any links to that. Thanks for
sharing.
I did use the "System of Record" term with them and other analysts when
I briefed them on Sun Service Registry
a couple of years back.
> My worry was that the average person would not have much sense of what
> this term implies - and be turned off - but if the CIOs/CTOs are being
> indoctrinated on it - then the baton is then over to us to explain the
> complete picture from our perspective - and the value add.

I agree. Many people now understand this term at least at a high level.
I think we can provide a complete picture
during the course of the presentation.

Thanks for the valuable input.