Subject: Re: [regrep] Any agenda items for a telecon on Sept 6th? Should wecancel?

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:
I have not received any new agenda items. Should we cancel our RegRep TC
call for tomorrow morning?

I would like to propose we dedicate one meeting on the following items from the RegRep 4 planning wiki at:

<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/regrep/documents/plan/regrep4>

Perhaps it would be better to do this after I can post an example of what a possible algorithmically generated relational schema might look like.

We can then dedicate a meeting to compare that schema with current schema with the goal of getting everyone to understand the concept in a tangible and concrete manner.

Does that sound like a good plan?

The only issue is that I cannot attend on September 20th. Could we meet on September 13th instead?

farrukh-1

Fix relational schema binding to be a machine generated mapping from XSD

Currently the SQL Schema is manually mapped from rim.xsd resulting in inconsistencies

P1

Reduce bugs. Support TypeExtensibility feature

Farrukh

farrukh-2

Fix inheritance mapping in relational schema

Fix relational schema to use <http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/ejb3-api/javax/persistence/InheritanceType.html#JOINED> instead of <http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/ejb3-api/javax/persistence/InheritanceType.html#TABLE_PER_CLASS>

P1

Current mapping of inheritence intruduces Identifiable and RegistryObject views which do a UNION across 20 or so table and are very inefficent for queries like "SELECT * FROM RegistryObject"