Subject: Meeting summary: Oct 2, 2008

Attendees:

Breininger Kathryn
Mattocks Carl
Najmi Farrukh
Newell Oliver
Stojanovic Nikola
Webber David

1. Approval of minutes from August 13

Approved
    * Report from OGC Atlanta meeting

2. Minute taker: Farrukh

3. Report from OGC Atlanta Meeting in September 2007

    * Background: OGC already adopted ebRIM in cat-ebrim profile of OGC
      Catalog specification
          o Have not adopted ebRS yet
    * Opening plenary talk from representative of Government of Denmark
      made a strong case for OGC to align with and adopt all of RegRep
      (ebRS and ebRIM)
    * Farrukh presented RegRep search during OGC Search Summit meeting
    * During the OGC Catalog WG meeting, representative of Government of
      Denmark gave another requirements based justification why OGC
      should adopt all of ebXML RegRep
          o "Conclusion: OASIS (also ISO 15000) Registry Service, ebRS
            provides the framework, with ebRIM extensions, to support
            all these requirements"
    * During the OGC Catalog WG meeting Farrukh gave an overview of
      RegRep 4. It received much interest.
      <http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com/files/ebXML_RegRep_4_Update_and_Overview.pdf>
    * In order for RegRep 4 to be used by future OGC specs its
      imperative that we get the specs completed and approved.

4. Planning RegRep 4 spec review and TC approval
>     * Planning RegRep 4 spec review and TC approval

    * The ideal timing for 4.0 spec approval in order for future OGC
      specs to adopt it is December 2008
          o Decision: TC agreed to work on a plan that allows completion
            of specs for TC approval sometime in December 2008
    * Nikola and Farrukh will pull together core content for ebRIM and
      ebRS 4.0.
          o ebRS is 90% done. ebRIM will be done by end of October.
    * All TC members will review the draft specs on a timely manner and
      discuss issues in separate threads
    * When focused tasks are identified TC members will be asked to take
      ownership of tasks as appropriate
    * We will have a separate Primer from core specs
          o Oliver has volunteered to pull it together
          o Carl has offered to help Oliver with content

5. Overview and initial discussion of ebRS Draft 4

    * REST binding will be a separate spec to allow core spec (with SOAP
      binding) to be done faster
    * Query Interface
          o Terminology changes in Query interface, protocol and model
                + rim:AdhocQuery => rim:ParameterizedQuery
                + rim:QueryInvocation to invoke a query
                + Canonical AdhocQuery query as special case of
                  ParameterizedQuery to allow ad hoc queries
    * LCM Interface
          o New UpdateObjects protocol to allow partial insert, update
            and delete of existing RegistryObjects (important to review)
    * Subscription and Notification
          o WS-Notification standard is dead end and is too bloated for
            our needs
          o WS-Eventing spec is not a standard but better suited for our
            needs
          o WS-EventNotification spec in W3C will not be ready until
            next year
          o We are basing our spec on spiritually aligning with
            WS-EventNotification but not having any direct dependencies
          o We will use WS-Addressing normative dependency to identify
            subscribers endpoint for receiving Notifications
    * svn repo: Farrukh will set one up at sourceforge
    * Issue Tracking: Oliver has offered JIRA instance for issue
      tracking. Farrukh believes JIRA would be a terrific tool for issue
      management and allows reports to be generated for OASIS wiki

Farrukh Najmi