Subject: Notes from our meeting April 16

Here are my brief notes from our April 16th meeting. Please let me know
if there are any changes!

Attendees:
Kathryn
Farrukh
Carl
Oliver
David

Agenda:
1. Approval of Minutes
	Approved
2. Minute Taker
	Kathryn
3. ISO.IEC 11179 comments discussion
	We had a general discussion first noting that the new version of
the 11179-3 spec appears true to their basic metamodel, and pleased to
see the semantics declarations. Also that it employs SKOS (Simple
Knowledge Organization System). The registry community has come together
nicely in this version of the 11179-3.

	We went through the comments list that Farrukh had submitted
earlier and addressed each item; some were changed, some deleted. We got
partway through the comments in the time we had. Farrukh committed to
updating the comments and sending out to the list. We will continue the
discussion of the remaining items in e-mail and finalize at our meeting
on April 30th so that we can send the approved comments back to Bruce by
end of day.

	Additional notes: We would like to see Parts 4 and 5 of ISO
11179 to help frame a reference for part 3 which we are reviewing, and
to better understand some of the definitions. In addition, we would like
to ask the ISO 11179-3 community if they would be willing to do a
preliminary review of our version 4.0 spec when it is ready later this
year.

4. Next meeting:
	April 30th at 8:00 am Pacific Time.

Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Release & Delivery Services
CIMS - Center for Information Management Services

MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax