Subject: FW: ebXML Profile specifications

We have been exchanging some email with Christophe Beauverger regarding the ebXML RegRep profiles, and want to make everyone aware of the discussion.

Sincerely,
Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
Manager, Release & Delivery Services
CIMS - Center for Information Management Services

MC 62-LC
425-965-0242 desk
425-512-4281 cell
425-237-4582 fax

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 9:43 AM
To: Christophe BEAUVERGER
Cc: Breininger, Kathryn R; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: ebXML Profile specifications

Christophe BEAUVERGER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I mentionned in a previous mail, I'm currently working on a study
> to define and implement a XML Schema repository/registry this year. My
> searchs on the net led me to ebXML RR and more precisely on the
> presentation "ebXMLRegistry_Webinar_June-2007_Final.pdf".
>
> I've installed and tested freebXML. I've also studied "ebXML ws profile".
>
> I'm interested in namespace and XML Schema profiles. Through the
> presentation, it seems that XML Schema profile corresponds to what I'm
> looking for.
>
> You've indicated that beacause of a lack of time you haven't worked on
> the draft for a while. Can you give me a status of these drafts ? Can
> you communicate any first version ?

I have just uploaded the latest drafts (which are very out of date) here:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/download.php/32508/regrep-ws-profile-1.0.pdf>
<http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/download.php/32507/regrep-xmlschema-profile-1.0.pdf>

> I hear your proposition to contribute to the work. What is the context ?

Ideally someone other than myself from TC needs to take primary ownership of the docs (I will be glad to help).