Attendees: Farrukh, Nikola, Oliver, Kathryn, Ted
Regrets: David who is waiting for approval to rejoin TC from his new
On 10/27/2010 07:07 PM, Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:
This is a reminder of our ebXML RegRep telecon for Thursday, Oct 28th at 9:00 am Pacific Time. Please let me know if you will not be able to attend.
The telecon numbers and passcodes are:
USA toll: 1-303-632-3052
USA Toll free: 888-499-2539
PARTICIPANT PASSCODE 7627600
For other countries please contact Kathryn Breininger directly.
1. Approval of Minutes
Minutes approved for Sep 30, 2010 meeting
2. Minute taker (volunteer needed - last minute takers: (Farrukh, Oliver, Farrukh, Richard, Farrukh, Kathryn, Oliver, Farrukh, Kathryn, Nikola, Farrukh, Oliver, David, Farrukh, Kathryn, Farrukh, Carl, Farrukh, Nikola)
3. Discussion for v4.0 Issues and resolutions
- Reviewed Chapter 10: Governance Features from WD6-3 (
- No changes proposed during review
- Discussion on "10.9 XPATH Extension Functions"
- Using the same format as used in W3C XPATH Functions spec. Its
a little odd but consistency is good
- Representation of complex action like sending notifications or
setting status are made simpler using extension XPATH functions
- Oliver: suggested we look into using XPATH function syntax for
core canonical functions (again for consistency)
- Discussion on how to governs compound objects based on
- Current Proposal (Farrukh)
- RegistryPackage used to represent a compound object. Note
this is different use of RegistryPackage than the existing usage to
assign and resolve applicable governance process (BPMN file)
- Members of RegistryPackage represent the constituents of
- RegistryPackage representing compound object is the target
object governed by the governance
- A packageType slot on RegistryPackage assigns the compound
objectType and plays a similar role as objectType
- Discussion on current proposal
- Ted: concerned that the current proposal does not explicitly
allow member objects of the compound object (e.g. WSDL or 19139) to be
governed independently. All agree this needs to be looked at.
- Ted: concerned about the packageType slot. Farrukh addressed
concern by saying that validation would catch problems where wrong type
of member object being added to a compound object RegistryPackage
4. Additional items?
- Ted Habermann from NOAA joined the RegRep TC today. He intends to
become a full voting member. Here is a brief Bio:
"Ted Habermann works at NOAA’s National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC)
in Boulder Colorado. He has worked on a number of data access and
management tasks over the last several decades. He developed the
FreeForm Data Access System that was used to provide multi-platform
access to several dozen data collections on CD-ROMs including a NOAA /
NASA Pathfinder data collection for the benchmark period. FreeForm is
now managed by Unidata as one of the OPeNDAP server formats. He
developed and implemented the Web-based Student Data Archive for the
GLOBE Program and was the Director of Systems for GLOBE for a year. He
was also on the Steering Committee for the Digital Library for Earth
System Education (DLESE). He has recently been working on a number of
projects that integrate geospatial databases, metadata and internet
mapping. The NGDC internet mapping site (http://map.ngdc.noaa.gov)
draws about 200,000 maps / month using ESRI’s Internet Map Server
(ArcIMS) and Open Geospatial Consortium standards. The NOAA Observing
System Architecture (NOSA) database and website (http://nosa.noaa.gov)
brings together information and maps on all of NOAA’s observing systems
as well as several International observing efforts that NOAA is
involved in. More recently Dr. Habermann is working with a variety of
groups around the world on adoption of the ISO metadata standards.
These groups include several projects in NOAA, the World Meteorological
Organization, NASA, and the Integrated Ocean Observing system. "
Welcome Ted to RegRep TC. We look forward to working with you.
- RegRep 4 Primer document
- Oliver: said he can take ownership of the getting the document
done and that he will now have time to spend on it
- Ted: suggested we use a Wiki format for the Primer document.
Farrukh and Oliver agreed enthusiastically
- What Wiki to Use
- Farrukh, Oliver: felt that the MoinMoin wiki offered by OASIS
takes too much effort and time
- Oliver: suggested using Confluence Wiki as it is much more
- Farrukh: agreed. Since OASIS already has JIRA they probably can
easily offer Confluence as well
- Oliver: will ask OASIS about Confluence
- Next Meeting
- We will likely not meet on Nov 11th, 2010 unless something
- We will definitely not meet on Nov 25th, 2010 due to US
Thanksgiving (Farrukh's favorite American holiday!)
- So next meeting is likely to be December 9th, 2010. Please mark
it make every effort to attend that.