Subject: Fwd: Re: RegRep 4 approved as Committee Specification

FYI...

It looks like we need to conduct our vote through OASIS staff for appro9ving a Committee Specification :-(

Somehow that did not jump out at me when I read the process.

I will go ahead and make the request for a Committee Specification Ballot at http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests as suggested by Chet.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:11:05 -0400
From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
To: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh@wellfleetsoftware.com>
CC: Breininger, Kathryn R <kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com>

Hi Farrukh,

Well actually, per the TC Process, the approval of a CSD as a Committee Specification has to be done by Special Majority Vote in a ballot run by TC Administration. See http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec . You'll have to give me a request thru the TC Admin request page.

You can put in a request for a Committee Specification Ballot at http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests and then I will set up the ballot and send the announcement. Ballots are quick to set up so I will respond to that request as soon as I see it on our system.

Then, as far as the submission for consideration as an OASIS Standard, the URL will be to the CS version. You and I can work out that URL in advance so that you can put in the request while we are putting the CS copy together.