relax-ng-comment message

Subject: [relax-ng-comment] Duplicate Attributes

Hi all,

I am currently implementing a Relax NG processor in the Xbase++ language
(using the pytrex.py module by James Tauber as an initial guide).

I am having trouble with the restriction in section 7.3 regarding Duplicate
Attributes.

I find that when attempting to validate the rngSchema.rng file, I get a
duplicate attribute error, wherby by a "name" attribute in one branch of a
group is clashing with an "anyname" (with exceptions) attribute in the other.
The group in question is the child of the element child of the
"define-element" define.  That is, after transforming to the simplified
syntax, I get:

    ( DEFINE - define-element :
        ( ELEMENT

            ( EXPANDED-NAME : {,define} )
            ( T_Group :
                ( ATTRIBUTE :
                    ( EXPANDED-NAME : {,name} )
                    ( DATA : NCName )
                )
                ( T_Group :
                    ( T_Group :
                        ( T_Choice :
                            ( T_Empty )
                            ( ATTRIBUTE :
                                ( EXPANDED-NAME : {,combine} )
                                ( T_Choice :
                                    ( VALUE : choice )
                                    ( VALUE : interleave )
                                )
                            )
                        )
                        ( T_Group :
                            ( T_Choice :
                                ( T_Empty )
                                ( ATTRIBUTE :
                                    ( EXPANDED-NAME : {,ns} )
                                    ( DATA : anyURI )
                                )
                            )
                            ( T_Group :
                                ( T_Choice :
                                    ( T_Empty )
                                    ( ATTRIBUTE :
                                        ( EXPANDED-NAME : {,datatypeLibrary} )
                                        ( DATA : anyURI )
                                    )
                                )
                                ( T_Choice :
                                    ( T_Empty )
                                    ( T_OneOrMore :
                                        ( ATTRIBUTE :
                                            ( ANY-NAME - except :
                                                ( T_NameClass_Except :
                                                    ( T_NSName )
                                                    ( T_NSName )
                                                )
                                            )
                                            ( T_Text )

        etc..

What is wrong here.  Should the "anyName-with-exceptions" attribute match the
attribute "name"?  If not, why not?  If so, then what else might I be doing
wrong?

many tias,

gary