relax-ng-comment message

Subject: Re: [relax-ng-comment] Full to simple syntax converter?

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 08:45:17AM +0700, James Clark wrote:
>It sounds like I should write a description of the algorithm for converting
>the full to simple syntax.  It's not that hard. Can you say which bits of
>the conversion are giving you trouble?

Steps 4.18 and 4.19 are the problematic ones; grammar/define/ref, as
you guessed correctly.  4.17, combining multiple definitions, actually
wasn't much of a problem.  Part of the problem is that I succumbed to
the lure of premature optimization, trying to write things in clever
ways for the sake of speed, but then getting confused.  I'm about to

I'll continue working on the code and borrow from your algorithm;
thanks!  (And thanks for Michael Fitzgerald for pointing me at the
non-XML syntax.)

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
Aye, Master Orpheus. Well, they do say that two heads are better than
one.
    -- Lady Johanna Constantine, in SANDMAN #29: "Thermidor"