relax-ng-comment message

Subject: Re: [relax-ng-comment] Mixing patterns and (empty) tags

Hi Mike (John)

Thanks for your explanations and suggestions.

It seems that I currently have two options:

1. Unsafe: Use unrestricted text and check the text elsewhere
   (as originally suggested my Mike).

2. Inelegant: Wrap the text bits in their own tags
    (as more recently suggested by Mike).

I'll probably be going with the former for the moment (since
I can check non-schema constraints elsewhere if needed).

However, I'm curious as to whether this limitation could be lifted.
It seems to me that this might be done either using the <interleave>
idiom, or without by requiring each text fragment to form a complete
pattern.

Opinions?

Thanks again

Daniel