relax-ng-comment message

Subject: [relax-ng-comment] Re: [relax-ng] Identity constraints

(Responding to relax-ng-comments due to fiddling Oasis rules)

James Clark scripsit:

> However, outside the database constituency, there did
> seem to be a feeling that something lighter-weight than full XQuery was
> needed.  I would summarize the desired level of functionality as a bit more
> than what's in XML Schema, but with a strong requirement that it must be
> streamable.

I don't understand how identity constraints can be streamable: you have
to see the whole document before you know if the constraint is satisfied
or not.

I now lean to the view that identity constraints should be left to
Schematron, where they are quite trivial, particularly now that Schematron
is a DSDL sibling.

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      jcowan@reutershealth.com
Be yourself.  Especially do not feign a working knowledge of RDF where