Subject: Re: ID/IDREF problem

> ambiguous.) A problem in having special constraints for the use of
> ID/IDREF datatypes in TREX is that it is undesirable (in my view) to
> make TREX depend on XML Schema Part 2. One possibility would be to

I think it would be convenient for everyone (at least for me) to
introduce similar constraints that we have in RELAX.

Those constraints are not necessarily in the spec of TREX itself, but
should be encouraged to be imposed by validating processors who
recognize W3C XML Schema part 2.

Having a separate identity-constraint language or rule-checking language
might be useful in their own ways, but isn't it an overkill for 99% of
people who just want to use ID?

regards,
K.Kawaguchi
E-Mail: k-kawa@bigfoot.com