Subject: Re: We need a better term

Murata Makoto wrote:

> James Clark wrote:
>
> > Attributed hedge is a bit of a mouthful.  How about simply forest?
>
> Derick Wood strongly believes that a forest is a set of trees
> rathert than a sequence of trees.

I beg to differ.  I think the term forest is equally appropriate for
ordered and unordered collections of trees, which is exactly what is
needed for TREX since the thing we are naming is a pair of an unordered
collection and an unordered collection.

> In fact, many articles have used
> forests to mean sets of trees.

Forest have also been used for ordered collections of trees. For
example,

  http://www.w3.org/TR/query-algebra/

uses "forest" for an ordered collection of trees, and "unordered forest"
for an unordered collection of trees.

>  How about simply hedge or orchard?

I dislike "hedge" because I don't think it is closely enough related to
"tree"; "orchard" is cute, but I think probably too cute.