Subject: RE: Issue: TREX elements appearing in foreign elements (Re: A TREX<documentation> element)

Makato,

Yes, including a TREX element declaration within a foreign element does seem
odd. However, I think people like TREX' non-deterministic nature. It is a
key difference with XML Schema, is it not?

What do you mean by "Some SAX programmers will fail to handle such patterns
correctly"? Did you mean "programs"? Can you give us an example?

Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: Murata Makoto [mailto:mura034@attglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 4:54 PM
To: trex@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Issue: TREX elements appearing in foreign elements (Re: A TREX
<documentation> element)

Michael Fitzgerald wrote:

> I guess there is no reason why someone could not just use:
>
> <grammar xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>   <element name="block">
>     <xsd:annotation>
>       <xsd:documentation>This element represents...</xsd:documentation>
>     </xsd:annotation>
>   </element>

Are elements of the TREX namespace allowed to appear in subelements
of foreign namespaces?  For example:

<grammar xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <element name="block">
    <xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:documentation>This element represents...</xsd:documentation>
       <element name="block">
       </element name="block">
    </xsd:annotation>
  </element>

Some SAX programmers will fail to handle such patterns correctly.  I
would propose to disallow such patterns, since I see no advantages
in allowing them.