Subject: Re: Guarded normal form (part 1)

A couple of points.

1. How does your duplicate attribute restriction deal with attributes that
have a name class other than a single name?  (I think I have a simple
algorithm to detect whether intersection of two name-classes is non-empty.)

2.  Since

<choice>
   <attribute name="foo"/>
   <attribute name="bar"/>
</choice>

is the same as

<attribute>
   <choice>
      <name>foo</name>
      <name>bar</name>
   </choice>
</attribute>

I think if you allow one, you should allow both.  I don't see any problem
with:

<zeroOrMore>
  <choice>
      <attribute name="foo"/>