Subject: Re: combine

> I also think that use of combine="group"
> for refinement is entirely different from what users would expect about
> refinement.

The issue of how combine="group" relates to the Schema refinement mechanism
is a bit of a red herring.  You think they are rather different; I think
they are quite similar.  Fortunately, we don't need to resolve this issue to
decide what to put in RELAX NG.  What's important is the functionality, not
what we call it, or how it relates to a particular XML Schema feature.

So let's focus on the functionality.  How is adding an additional required
child element different from adding an additional required attribute (modulo
the order-dependence issue)?  If you think the latter is OK and useful, why
isn't the former?  Or perhaps you think it is...