Subject: Re: Issue: adding a shortcut for grammar-level inclusion

/ Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI <kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com> was heard to say:
[...]
| By using this attribute, the above pattern can be simply written as:
|
| <externalRef href="XHTML.rng" name="div"/>
|
| Also, this makes <externalRef> look closer to <ref>.

But I'd still have to write it this way:

 <externalRef href="XHTML.rng">
   <start>
     <ref name="div"/>
     <ref name="html"/>
     <ref name="table"/>
   </start>
 </externalRef>

if I wanted to provide several possible starts, right?  So the name
attribute can't replace the start element.

Under the principle that it's better not to have two ways to do the
same thing, I think I'd prefer to use the start element even when it
contains only a single reference.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Vision is the art of seeing things
XML Standards Engineer | invisible.--Swift