Subject: RE: <optional> vs. <zeroOrOne>

Message text written by Michael Fitzgerald

Perhaps so but the mantras zero-or-one (?), zero-or-more (*), and
one-or-more (+) still ring in my head. I think most of us, even James, have
lived with DTDs longer than TREX.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

And for this reason I like <optional>  as I've always hated <zero-or-one> .

Shakespear would have no truck with such nonsense.  Optional is a
perfectly good word that everyone understands immediately.

All other imposters need to be explained!

<while> and <until> similarly go back to the beginning of COBOL!

DW.