Subject: Re: Issue: fragment identifier for href attribute

> From the beginning, fragment identifiers are strange beasts.

I agree with this.  Another problem is with content negotiation. Fragment
identifiers are supposed to depend on the media type, but with content
negotiation the same URL can return different media types.

> Our "user agents" are RELAX NG validators
> and they shouldn't be forced to support XPointer.

I agree, but I don't want to prevent RELAX NG validators from supporting
XPointer either.  Same as with URL schemes. I don't want to force all RELAX
NG validators to support, eg "ftp:" URLs but I don't want to prevent RELAX
NG validators from doing so either.