Subject: Re: Reopening Issue 26: regularityConstraint

Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI wrote:

> The current restriction is already restrictive enough to make RELAX NG a
> tree regular language.

Yes, it is.  On the other hand, I now think the restriction is ugly.  It does
not allow what could be allowed.  E.g., ((@*)?, (@*)?)*.

This stems from the fact that <oneOrMore> for repeating elements and <oneOrMore>
for repeating elements play non-orthgonal roles and are neverthless "unified".

> So what is the advantage of your proposal?  Is it just the simpler BNF?

A Simpler BNF means that the language becomes easier to learn.