Subject: Re: [] or ? for optional

Message text written by Eduardo Gutentag

While [] is perfectly clear for me, I think that in this context (that is,
a non-Unix context) ()? is more appropriate

Eduardo,

I think the opposite.  Since ( ) ?  has meaning from the DTD stance,
people may be confused into thinking the ( ) ? is part of the RELAX NG
syntax itself.

I vote for the [  ]  approach as this is standard in publishing and
printing
world.

DW.