Subject: Re: Proposal for restructuring 7.1

--On 22 July 2001 00:22 +0900 Murata Makoto <mura034@attglobal.net> wrote:

> James Clark wrote:
>
>> I don't think the solution is to make the grammar informative.
>
> Actually, my proposal is to introduce one fragment of the BNF
> at a time and to have an informative appendix which collects
> these fragments in one place.

Sorry, I misunderstood your proposal.  I'm OK with this, except that I
think the sections introducing the grammar should be 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3
etc not 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 etc. Also I think the Annex containing the collective
grammar is just as normative as the individual fragments.  This approach
will require some additional XSLT hackery, since at the moment each grammar
is a separate .rng file which is referenced from the spec using a
<grammarref src="file.rng"/>.