Subject: Re: 7.1 and 7.3 are as bad as XML Schema

> I agree that there is scope for improvement in 7.1, but I don't agree
> with you about 7.3.  I think the informal concept is very
> straightforward, and I don't think the formalization is any harder
> than section 6.

I have carefully read the spec.  I think that 7.4 is ten times
more difficult than section 6.  I am just stunned to hear that you
do no think it is harder than section 6.  How do others feel?

>I also think the restriction is a very natural one.

I think that use of grammars instead of path expressions is
very ad-hoc.

>This
> constraint may well be lacking from a theoretical perspective, but I
> think it will make very good sense to XML practioner

Here we agree.  The constraint in the spec is lacking from a
theoretical perspective.  An ideal solution is to extend my
PODS paper so that it can cover attributes.

>but I
> think it will make very good sense to XML practioner

I think that 10% of 7.4 will make very good sense to XML practioners.