Subject: Re: Section 7.4

Ok - I took the challenge.  No - do not understand section 7 and especially
7.4 in its entirety.

I suspect only parser implementors and alchemists of logic will!

We should say that.

We should also begin section 7.4 by saying what KeyRef  and key
are and what they do - perhaps with a simple example.   So people
can understand the concepts without having to digest the implementation
logic necessarily.

Here's the text from the spec's.   Boy this is definately a gnarly
sentence!!!

I think I lost it somewhere around that second "such that" within the "such
that".

7.4. key and keyRef
Every key symbol space must have a unique datatype. More precisely, for
every local name n and namespace URI uri, there must be a unique datatype
name d in datatype library L, such that for every key and keyRef element
with name attribute equal to n and ns attribute equal to uri, all data and
value descendant elements have a type attribute with value d and a
datatypeLibrary attribute with value L.

It would REALLY help to split this sentence up some here.

OK - I'm done!  I pass to people more intimate with this to resolve the
"what", "why" and "how".

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Murata Makoto

and also wrote:

>... maybe I'm just showing my ignorance here ...

I am not sure how I should interpret what you said.  Do you understand
key/keyRef well and feel comfortable?  If you do, do you like it?

<