Subject: Re: <attribute name="xmlns"/>

> > Can we also disallow xmlns:a, xmlns:b, ....?  These are attribute
> > information items  of the namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/"
>
> xmlns:a is already disallowed by virtue of the fact that prefixes must have
> a declaration in the context.  XML Namespaces disallows xmlns:xmlns="..."
> (albeit not very clearly: it "reserves" names beginning with "xml" in any
> case) so there is no way that there can be a declaration of the prefix
> "xmlns" in the context.

I'm not sure if "xmlns:a" is disallowed. How about this?

<attribute ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns" name="a">
  <value>urn:I:reserved:the:prefix:a:!</value>
</attribute>

I guess the current spec allows this. Is this a problem?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com