Subject: Re: Attribute default values

> There's a trick you can use. Call the datatype library to validate the
> default value.  If the datatype library tries to access the context, then

It doesn't work sometimes. For example, if we pass "abc" to the QName
type, then probably it won't access the context. So I think we need to
extend the datatype interface if we choose to keep this constraint.

> I don't think we can drop this constraint unless we also drop the
> constraint that the default-value matches the pattern.

That makes sense. I think I prefer to drop them both. One can always
issue a warning that the default value is invalid with regard to the
pattern.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com