Subject: Re: Datatype interface extension

There's an interaction with the other methods here.  If the datatype is not
context-dependent, then the context arguments to checkValid, isValid and
createStreamingValidator methods should be allowed to be null.  Otherwise a
null context argument should result in a NullPointerException.  This
interaction makes it tricky to put the methods relating to the compatibility
spec on a separate interface, which would generally be a good thing.

The other thing that would be desirable for supporting the compatibility
spec would be:

  static final int ID_TYPE_NULL = 0;
  static final int ID_TYPE_ID = 1;
  static final int ID_TYPE_IDREF = 2;
  static final int ID_TYPE_IDREFS = 3;
  int getIdType();

This allows the compatibility processor to avoid building in any knowledge
of particular datatype libraries.

While we're changing things, I think you should add

  String getBaseUri()

to ValidationContext, since the spec explicitly includes a base URI in the
validation context.

I would also suggest in the javadoc comments

- Limiting line length to 80 chars
- Capitalizing the first character to a sentence.

James