Subject: Re: Ruby in RELAX NG a:documentation (fwd)

----- Forwarded message (env-from cowan) -----

From cowan Fri Sep  7 15:39:31 2001
Subject: Re: Ruby in RELAX NG a:documentation
To: Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI <kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:39:31 -0400 (EDT)

Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI scripsit:

> > Currently it is a requirement that a:documentation elements
> > cannot have child elements.  This makes it impossible to
> > use features such as ruby and directionality controls, which
> > are implemented as elements.
>
> You can always invent your own namespace and add it to any RELAX NG
> schema, rather than relying on the a:documentation element. I think your
> example can be nicely solved by using your own namespace.

Granted.  But no rationale is given for imposing the restriction
except that the a:documentation element is intended to contain "text",
yet "text" cannot be uncritically identified with mere sequences of
Unicode characters.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,

----- End of forwarded message (env-from cowan) -----