Subject: Re: Associating schema with document

> <?doctype href="http://www.thaisopensource.com/relaxng/schema.rng"?>
>
> This issue has been in the back of my mind over that last few weeks, too,
> only as a half-formed thought. I certainly would be supportive of such a
> mechanism.

I think

<?grammar
        type="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/0.9"
        publicId="//RELAX NG Pattern//EN"
        href="http://www.thaisopensource.com/relaxng/schema.rng" ?>

would be better.

The type attribute specifies the schema language. Ideally we can use
MIME type, but my understanding is that the MIME type is too weak for
this purpose.

The public id attribute is useful for the receiver to use its own
grammar; using the sender-specified grammar is sometimes a kind of the
security hole.

The href attribute corresponds to the system id.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com