Subject: Re: Associating schema with document

> Can we combine these two?
>
> Use the PI as the hook to access the catalogue approach?

The catalog approach subsumes the PI approah: you can allow catalogs to
contain a rule that says if the prolog of the document contains a PI with
target X and pseudo-attribute Y with value Z, then use the schema selected
by the rules in catalog Z.

Maybe we should find a word other than catalog.  I think using "catalog"
will cause endless confusion with entity management catalogs.