Subject: RE: [relax-ng] tutorial typos

James Clark wrote:
>This is a bit too subtle for me.  I tried to make my use of the colon more
>consistent along the lines you suggest, but I found it a bit tricky as it
>was not entirely clear to me what basis to use to determine whether to use
>a colon or not.  For future reference, is there some simple rule of thumb I
>should apply in deciding whether to use a colon or not?
>
>James

If the code fragment is part of a continuing sentence, you can leave the
colon out; if you are simply introducing the code fragment and not
continuing a sentence after the fragment, the colon is appropriate.

Example without a colon:

When the pattern

appears in the document, then...

Example with a colon:

The following pattern is just so much gibberish:

It indicates that the...

Mike