Subject: [relax-ng] Datatypes and facets of XML Schema Part 2

If we create an application profile for XML Schema Part 2, which of
the datatypes and facets should be mandatory?  Kohsuke, Asami-san (who
created Relaxer), and other guys in my mailing list had some discussion
about this issue.  As a result, the RELAX Core spec encourages implementation
of the following datatypes and facets (marked by "!").

3.2.1 string !
3.2.2 boolean !
3.2.3 decimal
3.2.4 float !
3.2.5 double !
3.2.6 duration
3.2.7 dateTime
3.2.8 time
3.2.9 date
3.2.10 gYearMonth
3.2.11 gYear
3.2.12 gMonthDay
3.2.13 gDay
3.2.14 gMonth
3.2.15 hexBinary
3.2.16 base64Binary
3.2.17 anyURI !
3.2.18 QName
3.2.19 NOTATION
3.3 Derived datatypes
3.3.1 normalizedString !
3.3.2 token !
3.3.3 language !
3.3.4 NMTOKEN !
3.3.5 NMTOKENS !
3.3.6 Name !
3.3.7 NCName !
3.3.8 ID !
3.3.9 IDREF !
3.3.10 IDREFS
3.3.11 ENTITY
3.3.12 ENTITIES
3.3.13 integer
3.3.14 nonPositiveInteger
3.3.15 negativeInteger
3.3.16 long !
3.3.17 int !
3.3.18 short !
3.3.19 byte !
3.3.20 nonNegativeInteger
3.3.21 unsignedLong !
3.3.22 unsignedInt !
3.3.23 unsignedShort !
3.3.24 unsignedByte !
3.3.25 positiveInteger

4.3 Constraining Facets
4.3.1 length !
4.3.2 minLength !
4.3.3 maxLength !
4.3.4 pattern
4.3.5 enumeration !
4.3.6 whiteSpace
4.3.7 maxInclusive !
4.3.8 maxExclusive !
4.3.9 minExclusive !
4.3.10 minInclusive !
4.3.11 totalDigits
4.3.12 fractionDigits

It might be a good idea to create a subset of the pattern facet.
At present, it is too difficult to implement.  We can certaily
impose restrictions (e.g., omitting S{n,m} and character classes).

If we use QName, we badly need the semantics of the facet "length".

MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>