Subject: Re: [relax-ng] Re: suggested datatype library types

Kohsuke> Maybe I'm just missing something, but I thought we are going to create some
Kohsuke> commonly used datatypes which are missing from W3C XML Schema, such as
Kohsuke> SQL timestamp.

I think that people are interested in creating an application profile
(suset) or conformance level of XML Schema Part 2.  We can still use
the same URI.

Kohsuke> To avoid any dependency to W3C XML Schema? To make it easy to develop
Kohsuke> schema processors?

The latter.

Kohsuke> Or to fix problems in W3C XML Schema? If so, are those fixes significant
Kohsuke> enough to justify creating a similar datatype again?

If subsetting can eliminate some problems, that would be great.

--
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <EB2M-MRT@asahi-net.or.jp>